Several newly arrived Volga German families in Entre Ríos Province were invited by a German diplomat, Johannes Spangenberg, to buy his land in Pehuajo Norte where he had an "estancia" (hacienda or large farm) with his brother Jacob. On this land called "Campos Floridos" (Flowery Prairies) three new villages were founded on 27 February 1889: San Antonio, Santa Celia, and San Juan. There were 18 Volga German families who founded San Juan: (1) Johannes Mohr (age 55) from Bauer and his wife Elisabeth?
San Miguel was founded on 21 May 1899.
The following from Valle María and surrounding area were founders of Colonía San Miguel:
- Antonio Seib
- Adán Gassmann
- Miguel Neiff
- Eduardo Oberlein
- José Dreher
- Matías Gassmann
- Pedro Neiff
- Conrado Krapp (from El Chaleco)
- Pedro Schunk
- Federico Schweigert
- José Gerstner
- Nicolás Kessler
- Andrés Krapp
- Felipe Derfler (from El Chaleco)
San Rafael was founded in 1893 by the following men (and their families):
In the early 1930s, following several years of drought, Volga German families who had settled earlier in the rural areas of La Pampa Province resettled to more promising areas like Algarrobo in search of work.
Estación Algarrobo was established when a train station was located there on 31 August 1897. The town of Juan Cousté which was officially founded on 13 December 1909 is serviced by the Algarrobo train station, and the Volga Germans have used the name of Algarrobo to describe this area in which they settled.
The town of Arroyo Corto (Short Creek) was founded on 15 April 1884 by Juan Biga and Benigno Gossetti. Its first inhabitants were from the Italian city of Torino, and it became known as "La Torinesa." Over the years, many Volga German families moved there.
The expedition of the Stoessel brothers (Adán & Andrés) to travel by car to New York started in Arroyo Corto on 15 April 1928.
A train station was established at Cascada on 2 November 1910, inaugurating the first settlement of the area.
Although there were once about 1,400 people living in Cascada, today it is mostly a ghost town. The church and school are still active, but most other buildings in this rural community are abandoned.
The Partido (Department) of Coronel Suárez was created on 10 July 1882 during the governorship of Dr. Dardo Rocha.
On 24 September 1885, 50 Volga German families arrived at the port in Buenos Aires. Their destination was Colonia Hinojo, where most of them had relatives who had settled there earlier. Land in that area was scarce, and after 18 months, Father Luis Servet organized a group of settlers who negotiated an agreement with Edward Casey to settle in the vicinity of the Suace Corto (now known as Coronel Suárez) railway station.
Darregueira was founded in Buenos Aires Province in 1906. It is named in honor of José Darregueira (1770-1817), a signatory to Argentina's Act of Independence in 1816.
The village of Espartillar was founded on 8 November 1910. Its first inhabitants were Spanish and French. They were joined shortly thereafter by the Volga Germans who are now the majority group in Espartillar.
On 18 April 1901, a train station was established at this location along the line between Aparicio and Coronel Dorrego and given the name "El Perdido" (Lost Station).
There were already Volga German families living in the area as the photo to the right was taken in 1900.